A Veteran-Owned Small Business
Christopher R. Leitz has over 30 years of experience in liquid-solids separation systems as applied to industrial water treatment, wastewater treatment and dewatering of residuals.
Chris has particular expertise in the following industries:
· Refinery, Petrochemical and Chemical industries
· Pulp & Paper industry
· Food, Beverage, Sugar and Grain Ethanol production
· Tire, Latex, Polymer and Plastics industries
· Mining applications: Precious Metals, Bauxite, Iron Ore, Copper and Coal
· Aluminum and Steel mills
· Automotive, Transportation, General Manufacturing and Power industries
· Municipal: Potable Water, Wastewater Treatment and Biosolids Dewatering
Originally trained as a surface and colloid chemist, Chris understands the complex relationships between Coagulants, Flocculants, Emulsion Breakers, Metals Precipitants, Defoamers and Specialized Bacterial Cultures. He has vast experience in the application of these chemicals on a wide variety of unit operations such as clarifiers, thickeners, flotation units and dewatering devices.
Chris has designed computer models of the Activated Sludge process as well as programs to scale-up from laboratory settling tests to full scale operation.